This program is now full
Basketball is a team sport characterized by high intensity activities such as jumping, sprinting, shuffling and direction changes. Basketball players’ physical conditioning is focused on enhancing aerobic capacity, speed, agility, muscular strength and power.
Strength training is a fundamental element for the physical conditioning of basketball players. Its purpose is to improve explosive power and acceleration/speed around the court and to reduce the risk of joint and tendon injuries. During the season, resistance training and power training are performed in different periods. Moreover, individual and team development plans optimize the improvement of each player.
Strength training is not just lifting weights. There’s a proper technique to target those muscles for more effective and efficient workouts and to ensure you’re not hurting yourself during workouts that may cause injury. This is why a certified PTS Personal Trainer Specialist is vital for your strength training.
Coach CJ - Certified PTS
How a Trainer Can Help
* Suggesting activities that work for your body, schedule, and available equipment
* Helping you figure out how hard to work during exercise and how to monitor your exercise intensity
* Showing you how to choose exercises, weights, reps, and sets
* Using different tools (such as a heart rate monitor, weightlifting app, or activity tracker) to enhance your workouts
* Teaching you how to get the most out of your workout, while also making sure you don’t overdo it
Group training provides you with an instant network of training partners to hold you accountable and cheer you on when the going gets tough.